The PubSafe app requires a cellular connection with a data service to work.
Since almost all citizen communication is cellular dependent, cell service is a top priority for utility companies. Everyone understands how important cellular service is to help those in need. Until cell service is restored, you need to be self-sufficient.
Things to do before a disaster.
- Charge your devices and backup batteries.
- Select the Event in the PubSafe app so you can be grouped with others getting even specific alerts and communication. Admin menu>Settings>Public Event
- Check-in using the Status option in the lower-left corner to report your last known location and plan of action.
- Put devices in battery saver mode or turn them off until needed.
- Check your phone for service and then turn it off if there is none.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi service to reduce battery consumption.
- Dim the screen. Screen brightness takes a lot of battery.
- Avoid unnecessary phone use like recording social media videos.
- Be sure to enable "Show my last location" under Settings.
- Suspend background tracking in all apps but PubSafe. Background GPS tracking can consume a lot of battery.