The tracking or logging rate is how often a location is captured. The transmit rate is how often a location is sent to the server to update your location in case of an emergency, to share help requests near you, and to provide alerting functions. These two variables may be the same or different depending on the options selected. You have a variety of options to customize your location and privacy settings. To edit your in app visibility to other users - click here.
If the app is not in cell phone coverage with an Internet connection, location information cannot be transmitted.
Foreground Location (app is being used or open on the phone desktop)
- 120 seconds 9 (default)
- 20 seconds (HD - not recommended in a prolonged natural disaster or where power is unavailable for recharging)
- 300 seconds - power saver
- SAR Mode = 30 sec (App launched by the user. High accuracy for detailed information. Speed > 2 mph or every 100')
- Default = 2 minutes (App launched by the user. Moderate accuracy. Speed > 2 mph or every 500')
- Eco Mode = 5 minutes (App launched by the user. Low accuracy. Speed >2 mph or every 1,000')
- Battery Saver Mode = 10 minutes (App launched by the user. Minimal accuracy. Speed >5 mph or every 1,320' [quarter miles])
- Alert & Safety Mode = 30 minutes (App running in the background - has not been opened by the user. Time-based only.)
- 30 minutes
Cross-reference: PubSafe Knowledge Base - What is the tracking interval?Tags: location, tracking, transmission